DIY Marshmallow Roasting Sticks
Roasting marshmallows has never been so cute! It isn’t summer until you have roasted a marshmallow AND made s’mores! I made these really fun roasting sticks last summer on Hallmark’s Home and Family. It’s definitely worth sharing it again!
Metal roasting rods
Paint (not spray paint)
1. Remove metal rod from original roasting stick.
2. Place long dowel on table and secure by using clamps to hold in place.
3. In order to have the correct hole size, measure the thickness of metal rod to thickness of drill bit. Make sure they are the same size or close to the same size.
4. Wrap the end of drill bit with painter’s tape. This will be a mark to show you when to stop drilling. You don’t want the hole to be too deep or too shallow.
5. Drill hole in drill bit until you reach the top of the painter’s tape.
6. Insert metal rod into newly drilled hole in dowel. Use super glue to secure.
7. Wrap dowel with painter’s tape to create a color pattern.
8. Paint over tape with regular acrylic paint. Do not use spray paint.
9. Allow paint to dry and peel painter’s tape off to reveal pattern.
10. Attach a marshmallow to top of metal rod, roast over fire, and enjoy!