Maria’s Thanksgiving Potatoes From Access Hollywood
I am here for the potatoes, my friends!! I got to share two of my favorite ways to make potatoes for Thanksgiving on Access Hollywood, and it’s not the traditional way of making these classic side dishes. The first one is my Savory Sweet Potato Savory Sweet Potato Casserole recipe I have shared on my site. The second is new! Roasted Herbed Potatoes served over Whipped Feta is my new favorite way to make and eat potatoes. Recipe is below!
Roasted Potatoes with Whipped Feta
- 2 pounds mixed baby potatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped flat leaf parsley and basil
- 1/4-1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- red pepper flakes, optional
- flakey sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place the potatoes, lemon wedges, garlic cloves, rosemary sprig, and oregano on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with about 1/4 cup olive oil and toss so that everything is coated.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- For the feta layer, combine the feta, milk, honey, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until creamy. Add additional lemon juice if needed.
- Spread the feta out onto a platter in an even layer.
- Remove the rosemary spring and garlic from the potatoes and then place the roasted potatoes over the feta.
- Sprinkle the top of the potatoes with fresh herbs, and parmesan cheese.
- Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes if desired and a sprinkle of flakey sea salt.