DIY Snowy Christmas Cupcake Stand
I love the look of the "snowy villages" that are put on mantles as Christmas decorations. I also love cupcakes. Sooooo it makes sense to marry the two, right? This adorable DIY Snowy Christmas Cupcake Stand is such a fun way to transition the "snowy village" into a dessert table.
Tips for the perfect DIY Snowy Christmas Cupcake Stand
*Heads up, you need a lot of glue for this if you want to make two tiers of the cake stand.
*I recommend a glue gun with a larger tip, NOT a fine precision tip. It takes too long if you use the precision tip.
*This is for food that is wrapped, like cupcakes. Since I used paint to cover the wood, you don't want to put food directly on it. You could seal the entire thing with something like a shellac if you want it to be more food-safe.
2 Wood rounds (I used a "wood clock" surface")
White paint or white spray paint
Clear coat or non toxic coat if putting food directly on the stand
Glitter sticks for glue gun
Large plate or piece of glass to create the icicles
Bottle Brush trees to decorate; plus more snowy scene decorations to create the display
1) Paint the pedestal and wood rounds; allow to dry
2) Glue the wood pedestal between
3) Create the icicles by heating up a glue gun with the sparkly glue sticks in it
4) Using a large piece of glass or plate, apply the glue onto the surface to create an icicle look by applying larger amounts of glue at the top, and making the glue thinner on the way down
5) Create enough icicles to go all the way around the wood round
6) Allow to dry
7) Apply the icicles around the top wood round
8) Apply more glue if needed to create a fullness to the icicles
9) Apply snow Tex around the sides of the wood rounds above and on the icicles
10) Decorate the space between the wood rounds with the fake snow and snowy scene decorations