3 DIY Spring Placemats
Adding a colorful placemat to the dinner table is a lovely way to celebrate spring! Here are three DIY spring placemats that are simple and easy to make.
Materials for Floral Petal Placemat
- Round placemat or felt cut into a circle shape for base
- Hot glue
- Silk flower petals
Materials for Burlap Blooming Placemats
- Burlap Fabric
- Green Ribbon (Green Yarn Can Also Be Used)
- Small Silk Flowers
- Glue Gun
- Fabric Scissors
Materials for Daisy Placemat
- White Felt
- Yellow Plate
- Fabric Scissors
Directions for Floral Petal Placemat
1. Starting from the outside of the circle, glue the petals onto the placemat with a hot glue gun
2. Repeat by layering the next layer of petals slightly over the previous layer
3. Repeat until you get to the center and fill the center of the placemat as needed with petals
Directions for Burlap Blooming Placemats
1. Measure out placemat and cut out base with fabric scissors
2. Preplan where you want to place the stems for the flowers with chalk
Tip: keep your lines straight by using the ruler (you want straight lines because this is where the ribbon is going to go)
3. Once the stems are drawn, use the scissors to cut a few slits in the placemat long the preplanned placement
4. Thread the ribbon through the slits and secure it on the back of the placemat with hot glue
5. Cut back of silk flowers so they’re as flat as possible.
6. Use the hot glue to secure the silk flowers onto the placemat at top of “stem”
7. For additional details, glue silk leaves on as well
Directions for Daisy Placemat
1. Place the yellow plate into a piece of white felt to judge scale.
2. Use the chalk to create the “daisy” petals around the plate.
3. Cut the felt with the scissors to create the daisy shape.
4. Place the yellow plate in the center and that’s it!