Beach Ball Lanterns
Doesn’t this DIY just feel happy? It screams summer to me. We eat outdoors a lot during the summer months and I love the idea of adding some soft lighting to the night. These paper lanterns are easily transformed into looking like beach balls to provide a fun, summery theme while also adding good ambiance. All you need is some paint!
- Paper lanterns
- Paint in desired beach ball colors
- Deli cups
- Fairy twinkle lights
- Twine or fishing line
- Set up the lanterns according to instructions.
- Mark what portions of the lantern you want to paint which color. Look at a photo of a beach ball for reference, they usually have 6 sections depending on the size.
- Paint the first layer of paint on each section gently because the rice paper is delicate. Set on deli cups so that the lanterns don’t roll all over the place. PRO TIP: do this indoors or on a very still day, wind will blow the lanterns all over the place.
- Paint a second coat over each color.
- Feed the fair lights into each lantern then wrap the cord around the top bar to secure.
- Hang as desired off of twine or fishing line, turn the lights on and enjoy!