Beauty Bites With Ancient Nutrition
Taking collagen is the easiest way to improve hair, skin, and nails. After taking Ancient Nutrician collagen, I not only noticed a crazy improvement in these areas, something else that I noticed was the improvement in my joints. Having babies and a crazy job prevented me from noticing any changes in my body until the shutdown. During that time, not only was my body forced to stop in its tracks, but I also spent hours at a time sitting in front of a computer editing videos and writing a cookbook. Needless to say, my body started to reveal the lack of care I had been showing over the past few years. Searching for solutions, the buzzword collagen entered my path. When it comes to taking collagen, it’s so important that it’s good quality with proven results. Ancient Nutrition Collagen Peptides is made with clinically studied ingredients to deliver results in as little as one day with 20g collagen per 2 scoops. It reduces joint discomfort and helps joints recover faster, and provides support for your healthy hair, skin, nails, joints, and gut. I have been so incredibly happy with how much my body has improved after even just a few weeks of taking it.
Ancient Nutrition offers a variety of ways to take collagen so you can customize it to your lifestyle. I usually take the collagen in pill form when I am in a rush. I use the powdered form in my green juice or coffee. However, I thought it would be fun to add these into the little power bites I make for my husband as a quick bite of energy when we have busy days. I changed the name to Beauty Bites! These are packed with nutrients, collagen, good fats, and tons of flavor! I like to make up a batch at the beginning of the week and store them in the fridge. It’s a quick bite that you can feel good about.
Click this link to get 15% off Collagen Peptides with my code: 15S5E174
Tips for making Beauty Bites:
These can be made in the food processor or mixing my hand. There is more texture from the oats if you don’t mix them in the processor but they are much easier to mix in the processor.
Since some peanut butter is thicker than others, the amounts may need to be adjusted. If your peanut butter is more on the oily side and the mixture feels too sticky, add some more oats. If it’s too thick, add some more peanut butter or even some extra olive oil.
If you cannot find cacao powder (I get mine at Trader Joe’s), then you can use cocoa powder. I recommend the “dutch processed cocoa powder” because it will be much smoother in taste than regular cocoa powder. Really try to find the cacao if you can, it’s sooooo good!
I love using local, raw, organic honey if possible. The health benefits are so much better than regular store-bought.
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter- crunchy or smooth both work
- 1/3 cup flax seed meal- regular flax seeds work too
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 scoops Ancient Nutrition Collagen Peptides, they have a variety of powdered products that can be swapped in for this as well like their protein powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of salt- depending on how much salt is in the peanut butter-adjust to taste
- 2/3 cup honey- preferably raw and organic
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Place everything in the food processor, except for the olive oil.
- Once everything comes together, drizzle in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. If the mixture is coming together nicely, no need to add the second tablespoon. If it’s a little drier then add the second tablespoon.
- Adjust ingredients based on the texture. The mixture should be thick but easy to scoop and roll into a ball.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and scoop out the mixture with a cookie scoop, about 1 tablespoon in size, then place on the lined sheet.
- Roll the scoops to form smooth balls and chill in the fridge.
- Place in a sealed container and store in the fridge.