DIY Neon Signs on The Hallmark Channel’s Home and Family
How fun are these signs!!! I have been seeing neon everywhere for the past couple years. From home decor, bar decor, hotels, nurseries, you name it and neon is there. I love the fun signs you can make for your home or any event you have going on. These are also SO easy to make.
Have fun with these, and please send me pictures if you make them!
Wrapping paper or wallpaper (optional)
Glue (hot glue, super glue)
1) Cover the canvas with wrapping paper by attaching it with glue; optional
2) Draw the word you would like on the canvas board with a pencil
3) Use the yarn to cover the word then measure the amount of yarn used with the neon wire to make sure you have enough
4) Poke a hole in where the first letter starts and weave the neon wire through; tape the battery pack onto the back of the board with secure tape or glue could be used as well
5) Place the neon wire over the word to spell it out, and then hold it in place with painters tape
6) Once the word is written out, use the glue to attach it to the board (make sure to erase any pencil you can see at this time)
7) Allow to dry, remove the tape and turn the battery pack on to light up To make the stand alone shape:
1) Create the shape with the 16-gauge wire.
2) Use the glue to attach the neon wire to the other wire; do this on a covered surface. and hold the shape together with painters tape if needed.
3) Once the shape is covered with the neon wire, place in the stand.
4) Place in mason jar.
5) Turn light on