Salmon Sliders With Bacon and Peach Salsa on The Hallmark Channel’s Home and Family Show
Today on The Hallmark Channel’s Home and Family show, I am making salmon sliders!! I added some salty bacon and fresh cucumber and peach salsa to make them really summery. These are great on the grill, or to make ahead for picnics.
Ingredients for Salsa:
Salmon; depending on how many you are serving, but this salsa will be good for at least 4-6 servings of 6-8oz pieces of salmon or any fish you like!
1 peach; cut into small cubes
¾ -1 cup cucumber, cut into cubes similar in size to the peach cubes
½ red onion, chopped into small pieces
1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed, then cut into small pieces
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
the juice from one lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook up the bacon until crispy (if you need a bacon cooking tutorial, there is one on www.www.fromscratchwithmaria.com, search “bacon”)
2. Make sure the salmon is room temperature, and season with salt
3. Cut the pieces of salmon into thirds, or cut to the size that will fit in the slider buns
4. Heat a nonstick skillet in a pan over medium heat; add a small amount of high burning oil, like coconut oil
5. Add in the salmon, you will want to hear a sizzle noise right when the salmon hits the skillet to create a great crust
6. Allow the salmon to cook on one side for a few minutes, then flip and cook on the other side; if you want your salmon to be “well cooked,” you can place the skillet in a 375 degree oven and cook until desired doneness
7. Remove from heat, and allow to sit at room temperature, covered with foil, for a few minutes
8. Build your sliders by placing a small amount of mayo on the bottom of the bun, then layer on the bacon, place the salmon over the bacon, and pour some of the cucumber and peach salsa over the salmon
9. Place the top of the bun on the slider, and enjoy!